HOW IT ALL BEGAN
In 1762, John Montagu, the 4th Earl of Sandwich, invented the meal that changed dining forever. As the story goes, he was playing cards and did not want to leave the gaming table to eat. He asked for a serving of roast beef to be placed between two slices of bread so he could eat with his hands. Thus the sandwich was born. Some 250 years later, Earl of Sandwich restaurants have embraced the idea and crafted it into a made-to-order, freshly baked sandwich like no other. As a franchisee, you will grow with our brand and get your piece of the flourishing fast casual dining segment.
WHY EARL OF SANDWICH
IS GOOD FOR YOU.
- Easy to operate
- High volume production capability
- Small, efficient production line
- Easily replicated for additional store growth
- Inviting atmosphere
Since the Economic Downturn began in 2007,
has been the fastest-growing segment of the restaurant industry.
WHAT IS FAST CASUAL &
HOW IS IT DIFFERENT?
- Average Check is between $8 and $16.
- Decor is modern upscale.
- Service model is limited service with the
exclusion of waiters/waitresses.
- Includes quality fresh ingredients
and food made to order.
Current Fast Casual Culinary Trends:
Desserts and Quality Proteins.
WHO MAKES AN IDEAL CANDIDATE?
An ideal franchisee will have the necessary startup and investment finance in place prior to any franchise agreement. After the agreement has been signed and the franchise is set up, a franchisee must monitor financial income and expenditure as the company progresses.
We welcome franchisees who are friendly, outgoing, and truly enjoy being around people. A respectful personality and great customer service skills are essential. Setting an example for your staff and treating them the way you want customers to be treated is crucial.
WILLINGNESS TO LEARN
The brand support that comes with this franchise will provide continuous training and learning opportunities. Gaining valuable understanding from past experience and a willingness to apply the proven EOS system will contribute to the overall success of your franchise.
MOTIVATED BY RESULTS
Ideal franchisees are overachievers. Our franchises thrive when led by someone who is excited for every day, enjoys challenges, and is self-motivated.
Brand integrity is a vital component of the franchise process. We are looking for individuals that will follow the Graphic Standards and overall consistency of the brand and will advocate as brand ambassadors.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- I am interested, if I meet the initial qualifications criteria, how do I get started?
- Please fill out the contact and information form and we will reach out to you with next steps.
- How much of an investment do I need to make to open an Earl of Sandwich?
- To qualify you must have $200,000 of liquid non-borrowed assets. Total store investment varies
depending on size and location.
- Does Earl of Sandwich provide financing?
- No, however we can direct you toward sources of financing if needed.
- How long does it take to open an Earl of Sandwich?
- There are many factors that affect the time it takes to open a store such as site selection and construction
requirements but typically it can take between 6 to 9 months after a site has been approved.
- What type of training do you provide new storeowners?
- Earl of Sandwich is committed to providing in-depth training and the tools and resources needed to
open and operate a store. New franchisees participate in a 4-week initial manager training program in
Orlando. Earl of Sandwich will also conduct training on site for your team members in your first
restaurant prior to opening.
- Can I own more than one store?
- Yes, we encourage our franchisees to grow with the company depending on territory availability and operations of existing store(s).
- Am I required to live in the same market where I operate my Earl of Sandwich?
- Yes, to operate effectively, your store(s) must be within a reasonable distance of where you or an operating partner lives.
- What are the royalty and other fees?
- Royalty fees are 6% of gross sales and advertising fees are 3% of gross sales. 1% of the advertising fee is paid into our Brand Fund for development of advertising and marketing of the brand; and 2% of the advertising fee is spent by you.
- Do I need to have restaurant experience to become an Earl of Sandwich franchisee?
- While it is preferred that you have restaurant experience it is not a requirement. Other factors such as track record of success, other business experience, leadership experience, work ethic, and recommendations are considered.